Ideal for dogs who need a thorough cleanse of their liver after anaesthetic, medication, exposure to chemicals or other toxins. Aids function of the liver in elderly dogs and breeds predisposed to liver problems. Can be used every 12-18 months for a thorough liver cleanse. Suitable for all breeds.
Not recommended for pregnant/nursing dogs and puppies under the age of 8 weeks old. Not to be used if your dog is known to be allergic/reactive to any of the ingredients listed or if your dog is taking blood thinning medication (anticoagulants)/blood modulators or has gallstones.
Herbal Ingredients are:
- Milk Thistle: An adaptogenic herb that has powerful cleansing and anti-oxidant properties for detoxification of the liver. Stimulates cell regeneration and repairs and restores normal function of the liver. Reduces inflammation. Regulates metabolism. Has neuroprotective properties so supports a healthy nervous system and brain. Provides calcium, magnesium, potassium, folate and vitamin A.
- Dandelion: A natural diuretic; cleanser and detoxifier for the liver and kidneys. A powerhouse herb with the richest source of β-carotene, from which vitamin A is created. It is especially rich in fibre, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, B & C vitamins (especially thiamine and riboflavin).
- Yarrow: Improves digestion, appetite, and circulation. It also helps regulate and improve the function of the liver while also protecting it from toxic chemical damage. Rich in vitamins A, C, E, F and K. It also contains manganese, copper, potassium, iodine and iron.
- Yellow Dock: Natural liver detoxifier. Stimulates bile production which aids digestion, particularly of fats. Helps to remove lingering waste from the intestinal tract which prevents toxins from building up in the liver, gallbladder and bloodstream. Contains vitamin C, many different carotenoids including beta-carotene, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, iron, sulphur, copper, iodine, manganese, and zinc.
- Artichoke: high in antioxidants quercetin, rutin, anthocyanins, cynarin, luteolin, and silymarin which increase bile flow and aid the regeneration of liver tissue. Aid digestion and improves gallbladder function. High in folate, vitamins C & K, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and iron.
- Schizandra: An adaptogenic herb that helps increase resistance to environmental and emotional stress. Supports the adrenals. Packed with antioxidants and a powerful anti-inflammatory. Bolsters the immune system. Improves circulation, digestion and the ability to remove waste from the body. Because liver health is tied to stronger immunity, schizandra has been found to be protective against infections, indigestion and various gastrointestinal disorders.
- Liquorice: An adaptogenic herb that supports the immune system, helps reduce stress, combats bacteria and viruses, aids respiration and maintains good digestion. Makes the whole formula taste great!